Impact Our Community
Our church is committed to minister the Love of Jesus to the community of Marietta. We offer creative ministries including Parenting, Counseling, Marriage and Financial Stewardship courses to name a few which positively impact each person.
Reaching The Lost
The congregation of Gospel Light Community Church is committed to reaching the lost with the redeeming message of Jesus Christ. When people accept Christ as their personal savior, they are encouraged to attend one of many discipleship courses thus fulfilling the Great Commission found in Matthew’s Gospel. Once an individual becomes discipled he is encouraged to go out and share the redemptive message of Jesus Christ. Thus completing the concept of duplication of disciples.
Living By The Authority Of The Scripture
In addition to reaching the lost and disciplining believers, we believe each Christian needs to live his or her life by the authority of the scripture. Matthew 28:20 We believe that Scripture is the Word of God.
Commitment To Leadership Involvement
Gospel Light Community Church encourages its people to become involved in various ministries of the church. The members are encouraged to prepare by signing up for the pastor’s leadership course and then get plugged into a ministry they are gifted to serve in.
Personal And Corporate Prayer And Worship
As a member of the church, we must be committed to spending time in personal prayer on a daily basis. Attending Sunday Celebration Services for prayer and worship is expected for those who desire to grow in their spiritual maturity.
Loving And Encouraging Others
Those who attend Gospel Light Community Church enjoy loving and encouraging their neighbors.
We Are Committed To Spiritual Reproduction
Christians are to share their experiences and faith with others in a way that the church members are reproducing Spiritual Christians. II Timothy 2:1-2
Statement Of Faith
(1) We believe in the one true and living God, the Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Ruler of all things. He is infinite, eternal, unchangeable, and is revealed to us as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(2) We believe that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
(3) We believe that salvation is the gift of God’s grace. It cannot be gained or made more secure by good works, but is freely bestowed upon all who put their faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary. (John 1:12; Acts 16:30-33; Romans 10:9-10)
(4) We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture and that all who believe on Him are redeemed by His shed blood. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord and in His ascension into Heaven; He is our High Priest and Advocate. (John 1:1-3; 14; 3:1-7, 16; Hebrews 10:4-14; 1 John 2:2)
(5) We believe that until the return of Christ, it is the Christian’s duty and privilege to seek the fulfillment of Christ’s Great Commission and to minister in His name to a needy world. We are to be instruments of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit ministers redemption and reconciliation in the world. (Matthew 25:31-46; 28:18-20)
(6) We believe that Satan is a real being, the author of sin and the reason for the fall of man, and is destined to the judgment of eternal punishment in the lake of fire. (Matthew 4:13; Acts 5:3; Revelation 20:10)